Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Old House

This house... oh this house. Somedays I love it. Somedays I loathe it. But it is ours, all ours. (okay I guess technically the bank owns about 45% of it still in mortgage.) We have been working tirelessly to get projects done before Cinco joins our happy family. Mauro has taken the past couple weeks off to study for his Journeyman exam (which he takes on Friday... woohoo.) But we have still gotten plenty done. And there is still PLENTY left to do. Before Cinco gets here? Who knows. We hope.

Opa and Oma got us a new dishwasher! And new tires on the car, so we can cross those off our list. We are so thankful!

Master is now fully painted, trimmed, floors done. Need curtains (I have tried 4 different pairs, and returned all of them,) a bedframe (searching craigslist,) and a ceiling fan (ordered from Amazon.) Then we can move in! This is the project I've done most of. It's been hard being so pregnant and painting on my hands and knees, but worth the effort. Once we get moved in I can start getting out baby stuff and preparing for Cinco.

Entry way has been left out and pushed aside as of late. Mauro is going to teach me how to finish the last few areas that need tape and bed, then I will paint and it's done! Next week's project. Orange.

Second bath. Oh darn you bath. We have the tub, toilet, sink, and door picked out. Now to agree on a tile and go buy everything! We want to look at a few places in Austin to find just what we both want. But this will all have to wait until Mauro passes his test! It still has no walls or floor. Oh bath. You were supposed to be done by now. Darn you.

I also want to paint the hallway. But can't decide on a color.

And clean and organize the pantry.

All of that, plus getting out all of the baby "stuff" and organizing everything. We have our work cut out for us over the next few weeks! Plus we have a wedding, bachelor party, fishing and shopping trips, and 2 birthday parties in the meantime! Yikes! Pray for us.

See why I am so anxious???



Master paint and floor- DONE!

Dishwasher in! It's amazing. Yes I have a sink full of dishes to load, this was taken just after supper.


No comments: