Friday, February 3, 2012

Pregnancy with my Baby Boy

Today I am officially in my third trimester- 26 weeks! Wow this pregnancy has gone by so quickly! We are excited to meet our baby boy, and Amali asks about him every day. She tells me "I can hold him when he is born. Yep, I have to wait until he is born." She loves when Cinco kicks her, and gets giddy with excitement. Then says "Hey brother, don't kick me!" Silly. Care to read about my pregnancy symptoms? Read on!
good morning!
Nausea/Vomiting- extremely consistent until about 13 weeks. sad. so glad that is over!

Headaches- pretty much since I stopped throwing up, I've had daily headaches. some days worse than others.

Sleeplessness- From about 1-4am I am unable to sleep. annoying! especially when Am decides to wake up early the next morning. I get a lot of thinking, reading, writing, and planning done during this time.

Hip and Pelvic Girdle Pain- Since about 22 weeks I have been in constant pain. Ouch! Mega pain. Didn't feel this with Am until the very end. Got a super maternity belt, not just one of those little strap numbers, but a big one that really holds my belly. It helps a ton. That plus stretching daily has relieved a lot of the pain.

Food Cravings- So hungry. Up until last week I needed tomato sauce a lot. And pickles. That has subsided and now, it's ice cream. Do you know how fast you put on weight when you eat ice cream every other day? Yes, I make myself skip days. Going to have to make it a twice a week thing soon. Already switched to the "churn style" which supposedly has half of the fat. Still tastes yummy if you get the right flavor. Favorite right now is Cherry Vanilla. Plus Teresa brought me some Pistachio Almond this week too. Man, mix those, and I am in heaven. Okay that is enough love for ice cream in one post. I also, as with Amali, am a super fruit eater. I eat so much fresh fruit I should have a farm in my stomach. Watermelon and blueberries are my current favorites. Just this morning I ate two bananas for breakfast.

Itchy Feet- So strange. But I looked it up and it is a pregnancy symptom. The bottoms of my feet itch slightly for several hours at a time. Not the falling asleep kind of feeling, but an actual itch. Lotion kind of helps which makes me think it's from being dry. But it's not a normal dry skin itch. Ah Pregnancy....

Forgetfulness- If it's not on my calendar with a reminder alarm set, I don't remember. Pregnancy brain is a real thing.

HUGE- yes, I am huge. I have gained 16 lbs so far. I hope to only gain 20-25 overall. I look full term already. I get a huge belly, and get asked frequently if I am having twins. No, I just have a petite torso, so my belly has no where to go except out! Geez. Last Sunday a friend sat by me and said, I just want to sit by someone who is bigger and farther along then me. Yeah she is 28 weeks. She was stunned when I told her I am only 25, She was embarrassed, but I knew she meant well. Lucky for her I like her. Otherwise the conversation that followed would have been inappropriate for a church setting. She did use the term "healthy" way to often. But I forgive her.

Next baby appointment is February 24! We get an ultrasound and to check out how Cinco is doing and make sure my placenta has moved up into a better place. I am excited to see my little man, hopefully he waves to us again!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great Michelle! Keep taking care of yourself! --the Anderson's

Becky said...

Baby tummy! <3 <3 <3