Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Buns...

There are many 'buns' in my life that I love. One, my grandmother is Bunni, and she is a very strong woman who has taught me the importance of standing strong and having an opinion. My best friend's mom is also named Bunny, a wonderful woman who kept me in line as a teen and welcomed me with open arms to her fantastic family. Then, we always have cinnamon and orange buns for my moms birthday- a reminder to me of the importance of celebrating that special day in our loved ones life. But a new bun is emerging...


That's right! There is a 'bun in the oven!' 

We are excited to announce that sometime in early May 2012, the Rodriguez's will be welcoming a new little baby! Amali is already so excited to be a big sister, she loves to pat my belly and say "hi brother" and "mommy there is a baby in your belly." She asks to play with her brother too, and when can he come out? We tell her that her brother or sister has some time before he can be born, but she will get to play with him or her in a few months. She is content with that answer for now. 



Names

There is so much importance in a name, and Mauro and I love to pass on family names when they seem to fit our little ones. Amali's middle name is Eve, following my fathers family. If this bun is a boy, he will of course be Mauro Rodriguez V, and be known as "Cinco." The fun thing with this? Baby is due around May 5th, Cinco de Mayo! If we have a Cinco de Mauro on Cinco de Mayo, well that would just be awesome. Plus Amali was born on Juneteenth, so we'll have the may/june holidays covered! If it's a girl, she will be named Lillian Esther. Lillian is Teresa's mother, a remarkable woman who we feel honored to name our next daughter after. Esther is my grandpa Wayne's mother, another beautiful woman in our ancestry we would like to honor. Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Lillian's birthdays are both in mid-May, so very appropriate to name our girl after them!

So there you have it! Our little family of 3 is expanding, and we are excited to welcome our new addition in the spring!

No comments: