Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Missing Pape

Mauro is in South Dakota this week. Anyone and everyone has heard me whine about it. Yes, I do realize that this is a great experience and will help him in his work. Yes, I am grateful for this opportunity for him. And yes, I do realize sometimes husbands and wives need time apart, a little fresh air. But. Mauro and I are more dependent on each other then a week apart allows us to be. We have always been attached at the hip, and that is where we are comfortable. We make every decision together, finances, kids, dinner, relationship, vacation, everything. We are both strong individually, and our partnership is the strength that keeps our family happy and going. It is what works for us, and has since day 1 together. So having him gone for a week, I feel like my right hand is gone. I miss him terribly, and Amali does too. And now the toilet is broken. Not awesome. 

Only a few more days....

Thank goodness for Skype! This picture makes me so happy :)


No comments: