Friday, December 23, 2011

O Holy Night

There are many ways to feel the Spirit this season; beautiful music, the love of family, the comfort of service, and the touching words of our leaders and friends. I want to share with you some of my favorite Christmas inspirations. A few things that make me stop, ponder, and appreciate the glorious night that was our Saviors birth.

Peanuts Christmas is one of my favorites. I am not much into holiday movies, I leave that up to Aleesha. But this one scene in this cute movie always touches my heart. Children are such a sweet reminder of what is really important. 




This song is so beautiful, and listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Chior sing it brings tears to my eyes as I think of that Holiest of nights.




Easily my favorite song of the Christmas season, maybe of all times, is the Little Drummer Boy. The innocence and pure love that is found in these simple words is so inspirational. I hope that my gifts to our Christ is as heartfelt and beautiful as the drumming song of the little drummer boy.




Anyone who read my newsletter this year knows this was coming. What a beautiful life Mary lived to have raised the son of God. I wonder her thoughts and hopes for her child, as she kissed him goodnight and rocked him to sleep.




Favorite Christmas story goes to The Littlest Angel. Amali loves to look at the pictures as I read her the story, and ask, "Is that me mommy?" I like to think that yes, she is the littlest angel, running the gold streets of Heaven, loosing her halo. And I know her box from Earth would contain the very same wonderful earthly wonders. I am pretty sure this book was written with Amali in mind.




That is all for now. I have a million more I could add, but hope you enjoyed the Spirit of the Season as you read through my inspirations. What are yours?


No comments: